Rotator Cuff Repair
Rotator Cuff Tear| Healing Time | Mechanical Properties
Rotator cuff tears are one of the most common tendon bone ruptures that impact society today– 22% prevalence in the general population. The recurrence rate for new tears can be up to 60%.
These sports medicine injuries impact people of all ages and activity levels. Current products on the market focus on increasing the strength of the repair, not the quality of repair.
SYNTHETIC RESORBABLE GRAFT:
- No significant procedural changes in rotator cuff repair
- Engineered to promote cell migration and aid the healing process
- Improves the attachment of the tendon to the bone
- Eliminates complications/costs associated with tissue-based products
- Faster healing time - reduced time to full functionality
- Fewer re-tears and revision surgeries
COMPLIMENTARY TO CELL THERAPY MARKET:
- May provide local containment to surgical site for PDGF-bb, BMSC,ASC, and PRP
- Satisfies industry need for a “delivery vehicle”